Some time ago, I posted about how you can view private photos on Facebook because of a bug in Facebook privacy implementation. That bug was fixed within days of release.
But now there is a new bug in Facebook using which you can view private photos on Facebook, irrespective of whether the person is in your friend list or not.
The bug is not really a bug but actually a feature to keep Facebook family safe. If you find an inappropriate image on anyone’s profile on Facebook, it lets you report the image so that Facebook can ask the respective user to remove it from the profile.
In this reporting procedure, you have to select the images that you want to report, and here Facebook show you all the photos to choose from, no matter if they are private or not.
This feature can be used to view private photos on Facebook easily. Here’s the procedure:
• Go to the Facebook profile of the person whose private photos you want to view and click on the Photos tab on the left panel.
• Now click on Report/Block in the left panel. In the popup dialog, choose ‘Inappropriate Profile photo’ and click Continue.
• On the next screen, select the ‘Nudity or pornography’ option, and click on Continue.
• Now don’t select any options available, but select the Report to Facebook option below them and click Continue.
• Now choose, ‘Help us take action by selecting additional photos to include with your report’ and click Okay.
That’s it. Facebook will now show you all the photos from all the private albums of this person so that you can report the inappropriate photos. But this is actually an issue with Facebook privacy as it lets you view private photos on Facebook.
I am sure that Facebook will fix this issue very soon but until then, all private Facebook photos are vulnerable.
Important: Don’t try this on your Facebook profile as Facebook knows who is reporting the photos, and if you try to exploit this bug, then your account may be deactivated.
Update: Readers have reported that this trick to view private Facebook photos is not working for everyone. Although it started working for many after they used Google chrome browser, and selected US English as their language. If this did not work for you and you found a way to make it work, then please post it here.